Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Some Studio Pictures

When we first moved into our home, 3 years ago, we never used this space. It's up on the 3rd floor and although it is a finished space, there was no heat (or A/C for that matter) so it just was always uncomfortable to be up here. Well, when my daughter was born we needed the space I was working in for her bedroom. I got sent upstairs. Last spring my lovely bought me an awesome gas heater on super duper clearance and last fall, he & my dad ran gas lines and installed it. Then my mother in law moved from a house with no A/C to a home with central air, so we hit the jackpot on A/C units! So, here is my warm in the winter (thank you honey and dad) and cool in the summer (thank you ann) studio space! I love being up here, I am usually in this space all day (that is why there is a fridge and coffee maker) and the kids have most of their toys in the family room next to me. There is still a lot of decorating i would love to do and many other things I have roaming around in my head for some rainy day, but take a look~

This is a shelf Scott built me that spreads across the 3 front windows. Love how the light hits the glass jars I have my buttons in.


A Wish banner I made awhile ago.


Just a few of my many ribbons...


Another view of the front windows.


We picked these old Pennsylvania House cabinets up off of Craigslist for $100 for both. My mom & sister helped me paint, then sand then stain them. Love how they turned out.


My workspace! I am here anytime I am not at my computer working.



Hope you liked the glimpse at my studio. Now, back to soldering for me!


~EDIT~
10 minutes later the studio is looking more like it normally does...

6 comments:

Andrea Singarella said...

Oh my goodness, Lis! I cannot believe how different it looks since the last time I was there! I want to come play!
...and I love the painted & stained cabinets. You need to come to my house and help me....
xo andrea

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found my blog, and I found yours. I really like the subtle colors you used for your layout, and love the studio space. ~looking forward to seeing your etsy shop!

DeBRiNa PRaTT said...

Yep, this is the studio I daydream about while I create in pure chaos! Thank you for sharing! Very inspring indeed!

JBMolina said...

WOW! Your studio is unbelievable!
The furniture is so very pretty and those windows! OH the windows!

Jennifer Hayslip said...

GOOOORGEOUS studio! Im cant wait to move into my new home and FINALLY have my own studio and workspace. Yours if beautiful and truly inspiring!!! :) Love the last photo of the kiddies. Just like my two! :)

theresa martin said...

Your studio is gorgeous. Thanks for posting the photos.