Friday, February 6, 2009

A Crappy Theme?


Well, I certainly have gone missing for the past 6 weeks! Actually, I have just had nothing to say. I haven't made anything, so no pretty pictures to show. I haven't gone anywhere, it's been too cold. I have kind if been in a crappy mood since Christmas, so I haven't even felt like getting creative.
Sometimes crappy things happen for no reason. I had something crappy happen over the holiday season. This crappy thing has taken me a awhile to get over, we'll say it was very unexpected. But, I am OK and now it's time to move forward. Time to get back to 'normal', whatever normal is. I have felt very disconnected creatively, not really sure why, but I do know I have to do something to turn that around, it makes me cranky when I don't escape to make something. I have a bunch of things I want to do/make I just don't have that 'something' that makes me go and do it. Maybe my muse is on vacation...
This crazy quilt I started for my dad for Christmas (before the crappiness started). He is an ordained Deacon and this is the Deacon cross. It was meant as a wall hanging for him to put in the office he doesn't have. :) It took me awhile to finish it and I kind of like how it turned out. I would have loved to hand embroider more embellishments on it, but I didn't have time. I love the whole quilting thing, and I am definitely going to make something else, someday...I think.
If you are stopping back, I appreciate that you haven't given up on me & are still checking in. I am going to try to get back into the groove and blog and create more, really it's on my 'To Do' list. Maybe I'll even re-stock that silly little online shop, someday...I think.
Thanks for listening to me ramble about crappiness if you've made it this far! I promise the next post will be before the next 6 weeks is up and WILL be on a more uplifting and creative note! Maybe I will even make something to show you!

~Lisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll always check back - no matter how long between posts!