Monday, April 7, 2014

Mosaic

For my 30th birthday, my husband signed me up for a stained glass class and bought me all the supplies I needed. Other than our children, this is by far the best gift I have ever gotten from him! I have been doing stained glass for 10 years now and I truly love it so much. I have done a few windows, but I really love doing mixed media type of glass. Recently, after visiting the studio of one of my most talented friends, I decided to give mosaics a try. I had never done it before, but I had all the glass and supplies I needed. Here are some photos of my first mosaic in different progress stages. 












I love how it turned out and I am already making more things. Maybe I'll even have enough to have some pieces in my next show :) Here are more progress pictures of the little fairy houses. I like them so far, I will be excited to get them grouted and put the tiny fairy roofs on.









And lastly, I actually hung up the window I made for the office. It hangs facing East, so the sun shines brightly through it first thing in the morning and it is so pretty. I love it so much, I might not sell it :)




No comments: