Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Easter Weekend!

I love trying different things when it comes to arts and crafts, I have tried just about everything I can think of at least once and have all the supplies to prove it! Oh, except a kiln- I am not allowed to have one for Scott's fear of me burning the house down. It's ok. There's no room for it anyway. So, pottery I have tried, I just didn't run out and buy all the supplies to do it at home. I'm getting better at doing that, buying more craft stuff. Really, I am.

UNTIL... I wanted to make my own necklace! There are so many unbelievable jewelry artists out there, that I just had to try it for myself. Having most of the basics, I only ran out and bought chain. Luckily, I already had Liver of Sulfur from a project 'gone wrong' that Andrea and I tried a few years back. So, I take my shiny new silver plated chain {that was only $1.99 for 6 feet, honey, I swear} and I oxidize it to this pretty black-ish color and then mess and mess and mess til I came up with this. I like it. It turned out ok for my first try. I think I'll wear it for Easter!
Happy Easter Weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

LOVE your necklace!!! Love the big rhinestone pendant, especially! I've been collecting some fun vintage bling to try my hand at jewelry making too.

Happy Easter!
:) Heather

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Thanks for your comments Lisa! Great necklace!!! As you can see I love rhinestones! And LOVE vintage jewerly! Awesome blog!

Unknown said...

tee hee re: kiln, I'm one of those artists in need of supervision too. It's just fun to melt stuff, I can't always stop myself in time! Happy Easter (late) see you on Flickr too Nice to meet you-