Thursday, April 24, 2008

Oh My Goodness...

So, as you may have read before, I am going to the Art & Soul Retreat in Hampton, VA. I decided that since it was only a week or so away that I would look over some of the messages that were being posted about it, since I joined the Yahoo Group months ago. I have never checked any of these posting until yesterday. THAT is when I realized that these girls make swap items for each other!! OMG!! So, frantically I called Andrea and she eased my mind a little bit about not taking something if I didn't have time. Ugh. I hate to go empty handed, though. Especially if people were going to be giving me sweet handmade goodies. So, I racked my brain all night long for something easy to make but not cheesy. I can't very well make stained glass somethings for everyone, since I don't even have time to make them for my own shop! So, this is what I came up with. The theme is 'By the Sea' so my mermaid was very appropriate, I think. And I still managed to use some glass. Hopefully everyone will like them, I have never made tags before! If you are there & would like one, come find me!!



The beginning stages... water coloring manila folders to look like altered tags!

After the seam binding, yarn and glitter...

Close up of the center image, the beautiful Aurianne.

And the finished product! I am only making 24, hope that is enough. I still have to finish about 18 of them! I haven't decided if adding a trim on the bottom would be 'too much' or not. Is there ever such a thing as 'too much'!?!?!

Have a great day! ~Lisa

2 comments:

PocketsOfInspiration said...

Your work is SO beautiful.

nathalie bearden said...

this is gorgeous!!! and NO there is no such thing as "too much." especially not with such creative mind you have!