Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Blog Slacker

Yep, that's me! I have been a blog slacker the past week, but with good reason {for me, a good reason}. I had a busy week with work last week and then I had my long honeymoon weekend trip to the Dominican Republic! It was actually the first vacation that Scott and I have taken just by ourselves. Crazy, huh? In his defense, we have been on a camping trip before we had kids, but he got sick & we headed home after one night. And while we have been on many family vacations, this one was alone! But, it was very nice, we had a wonderful relaxing weekend in Punta Cana. The weather was overcast, but still warm. The resort was just beautiful! We will go again. We will take the kids, because- I missed them terribly! It would be a pretty child friendly place to go, so a family vacation will be in the works in the future.
I have to get caught up on work this week and then concentrate on that craft show a little bit. I feel like I should have more done than I do. Scott is going on a fishing trip Father's Day weekend with his good friend, so I will have the kids during the craft show/festival...ugh. I am working on talking my mom & dad and brother into coming over that weekend to help out & have a cookout! We'll see. I also host a craft group for the neighborhood once a month and I went ahead and scheduled that for the same weekend. What is wrong with me? I wish I could back out of the craft show and re-schedule craft group and head home to my parents for that weekend, but I just can't do that! What would I do with all these resin necklace pendants if I didn't do this show!?!? Ok, that is enough rambling/complaining for now. I still have to go unpack!


Hopefully my next post will be filled with finished creations for the craft show and Etsy shop! OH- and I joined in my first swap! I am kind of nervous, but very excited for the challenge. It's Heather's {Speckled Egg} Summer Swap, Jewels of the Sea. Vintage, sea inspired necklace pendants. Right up my alley! Glad this has a deadline, that makes me get up & DO IT! I'll be sure to post updates.

That's all for now- I'll leave you with a few beautiful vacation pictures!

No comments: