Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Little Self-Indulgence Never Hurt Anyone...


Right? After I stopped crying about turning 35, I quickly got over it and went shopping! I decided that since there is nothing that I collect, I should probably start! I am so in love with the Halloween Villages that are all over! I did a bunch of research on them {Ebay and Google totally qualify as tons of research} and decided that I love the Lemax Spooky Town Collection! I am all over it. Especially since they have it at Michaels and those pesky 40% off coupons come every week! Plus, they are much more economical than the Dept. 56 Villages. I bought these 2 to start my collection. My husband thinks I am nuts. Mainly because I will drive 10 extra minutes to a store that has a sale to save $5 or to use double coupons- but I thought nothing of spending money on these. BUT- that is what he thinks! They were on sale!! And I have wanted them for a long time. I just broke down and got them, finally. Also, on my way home from Michaels, I stopped and got this:



I just love my lattes...


I started some very cute {I mean, terribly spooky} Halloween spiders and ran out of black glass, so I have to head to the glass store in the next day or 2 so that I can finish these up & get them on Etsy in a timely Halloween manner!



Lastly, if there are any of you mothers who were wondering about this book, I bought it just so that I could trick my kids into eating vegetables! Mainly Jake, Zoey will eat anything I put in front of her {for now}. I wanted to make the Sweet Potato Pancakes, my kids love to eat waffles and pancakes for breakfast everyday. I ended up making about 5 dozen pancakes and freezing them. They love them, we all do! And I know they are getting some veggies, at least for breakfast. I haven't had too much time to make any of the other recipes, but there are tons and they are very kid friendly meals. Gotta love the retro/vintage look of the book. It reminds me of my moms old Betty Crocker books from when I was little!


That's all for now, hopefully my next post will be full of Halloween creations!!


Have a great Tuesday~ Lisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting..! In less than 2 months it is Halloween again. It will be my second time to celebrate Halloween here in America.